Location: Torrance, Los Angeles - Department: Marketing
This job / position / career is one of our core positions, and requires a stable, professional and passionate person. Your skills can make or break this position, and either really help us grow, or set us back a great deal so we take it extremely seriously and we need you to as well.
The application is absolutely our first round interview, if you're interested, please read the process carefully.
IMPORTANT: LONG HELP-WANTED POSTINGFlawless shop customer service. You need to make people happy without giving away the farm.
Communicating with merchants and vendors, making purchase orders, & inventory management
Using Microsoft Word / Excel / Outlook and custom system software daily; if you aren't confident in your computer skills, this might not be the job for you!
Business communications by phone, fax and email: Grammar, spelling, and attention to details counts!
Error-free picking, packing and shipping of products. We sell products for pets (dog or cat lovers extra welcome!), and hosiery.
How you respond to this ad is the first round of our interview process. It counts, it helps us get to know you. If you are interested in this position, please follow the process in the "How to apply" section. We're not going to make you waste gas and time coming in if it's not a good fit, and this helps us, and you, decide.
We're looking for a special head customer service / shop management / office manager who will help take our businesses to the next level, wants to stay in one place for a while, and has the ability to be a big fish in a big pond. This is a career; we don't use the word "associate", it's not that kind of "career", we mean a real career if you put your heart into it. And we need heart. Showing up isn't the job, being here and passively answering a phone call when it comes in isn't the job, doing the job creatively and to the best of your abilities, with an eye on improvement is.
You will be entirely responsible for:
Both sites are being renewed now and you'll help us with the renewal aspect as well. (You'll be part of helping us make our new site, if this doesn't excite you a little, this job's probably not for you.)
Effectively communicating with customers by phone / e-mail / fax / Sales support (taking phone orders, explaining shop policies, explaining product lineups etc. honestly and as an honest and competent professional; this isn't a hard-sell slick sales position.)
Handling billing / invoicing / finances related to the shop business
Some element of shop content creation; finding new products before they've gone viral, photographing / editing images / writing catch for the pages, or any number of creatives as well.
*People interested in the following are more likely to find this job rewarding / fun:*
Purchasing (Searching for new items to carry on our shops)
eCommerce / online shopping
Cultural trends / fashions
Any one or more of the following:
Photography, Writing, HTML, Video Production, Modeling, Styling, Humor
Native English Writing / Speaking level. This is a non-negotiable!
Candidates with at least a 4 year degree, or equal relevant office experience
Mad skills in Microsoft Office and the Internet are necessary to do this job well, so if you don't have them coming into the job, you'll have to get them as quickly as possible.
You must be the type of person who is humble but driven, takes pride in the quality of their work, and understands that avoidable mistakes can REALLY cost a business. Accountability is key; You are not a cog here, you're an irreplaceable part of our team. In return, we need to to understand that too. What you do truly affects our business and you along with it.
*How to Apply:*
Respond by email with your resume as text in the body of the email as we do not open attachment files.
Your cover letter is the first round of the interview, and what will lead us to calling you in for the next step, the interview.
1. Write the subject of the application email as: CSSTAR-6-2015-SITE-(Your Last Name)
2. Tell us how many hours you're looking for, from when and your current and desired hourly salary.
3. Tell us a skill you've spent a great deal of time attaining, (it doesn't have to be job related, it can be a sport, artistic skill, language), let us know what walls and obstacles you've faced attaining the skill, what your current level of that skill is, and how you got better at it, or why you gave up.
4. Tell us what you think a small to mid-sized business is looking for in an employee. Tell us what you think the differences between a boutique business and large corporations are.
5. Please tell us how you've invested in yourself to make you be more likely to get the job you want.
6. Tell us what your passion is, and what drives you in life.
7. Pretend we're a band.
7a. What is your role in our band?
7b. Now pretend you've injured whatever part of your body you need to play that role in our band. What do you do?
8. Please tell us what you think we're trying to learn about you with these questions. ("We" can be any small or mid-sized business.) To explain a little, we're asking you to be us, the company hiring, investing in a person to help make sure we all have jobs and salaries that fulfill us as human beings. We're looking for introspection here. Are you able to analyze and understand what is most needed from you in this environment? Do you offer it?